STY files extension

Reaction score
I got sty files from friend from Asia I can't load and play it here in Canada. What I need to do to play that files.
Please help

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Seriously Dave, did you even look at the page you linked or did you simply copy and paste the first hit from a Google search sight unseen?

Here's a link that explains Yamaha STY files for the original poster.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/

Gary

Reaction score
Seriously Dave, did you even look at the page you linked or did you simply copy and paste the first hit from a Google search sight unseen?

Here's a link that explains Yamaha STY files for the original poster.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/

Gary
Happy,

The poster mentions he received STY files. Then he asks "what do I need to play the files?". So I am not sure he even has a keyboard and if he does, what type of keyboard does he have, and if that keyboard is capable of playing STY files. Perhaps he has only a computer, I don't know. I'm assuming that since he left his question in a keyboard forum that he is using a keyboard; however I've seen people leave questions in these forums assuming that keyboard means a computer. So my link went to a site that explains what STY files are and how to open STY files. If he reads this then I assumed that he would come back with a better defined and more intelligent question than "hey, someone sent my an STY file. How do i play it". Your link is playing STY for a Yamaha keyboard. What makes you think that he actually owns a Yamaha? By his post or are you just assuming he has one because he asked about STY files. I wouldn't assume that from his cryptic post, sorry...

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I made the assumption that since he posted on a Keyboard Forum he was asking about Musical Style files. The verb "play" indicated that he knew they were music files.

Since as far as I know only Yamaha uses the STY extension I posted the Yamaha link.

The link you posted referred to CSS Style Sheet Files which have nothing whatsoever to do with anything musical.

Either way it's moot since the OP did not even reply with so much as a thank you, but that's how it goes on the Interwebs.

Here's hoping you and yours are well Dave and that your melodies stay sweet and your harmonies stay rich :)

Gary

Ask a Question