Style/Beat Recognition

Reaction score
Hi Ed,
It all works :) Thanks heaps!
I used a 16GB flash drive. Works a treat. Someone once said 32GB's don't work on PSR S models.

Some fantastic tunes in that lot. The intro's are so real like! Many hours of fun playing for me in the making!

Just a slight anomaly to sort out. The intro's and chords are very loud drowning out my right hand melody play.
Not sure how to fix that. I guess I will have to study the manual.

But so far I am excited to see much potential.

cheers and thanks again.
Ray
Hello Ray,

Glad you liked the styles. I have more and I have to reduce the zip file size so they can be attached to an mail, I will send some when I get that done. I have been using 16GB, 32GB and 64GB on my Tyros 5 with no problems. You should be able to adjust the style volume on your keyboard on any model Yamaha.

Regards,

Ed

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Ed,
I have had time to play a few tunes now and notice that only some have unbalanced sound. The one I wanted mostly "A Whiter Shade of Pale" is the worst offender. It is VERY loud in the intro and chords and when I play the melody, I cannot hear it at all. But I am very grateful for the other tunes, some of which I play regularly anyway and now I can adapt these to a more professional output. I am stoked! :)
As for "A Whiter Shade . . " I tried some tweaking as suggested by Col. . . But I cannot work it. . . Keyboard message says "this function not available" . . anyway . . Moving on . .

I signed up at the PSR Yamaha forum to get some more styles . . (as you suggested)
I have posted over 500 song specific styles for Yamaha keyboards on the PSR forum and they are available for free downloads.
They tell me I need to be accepted before I can download these files.
I am waiting for the acceptance email.

Thanks again Ed. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Ray

Reaction score
Hello Ray,

What model keyboard are you using for Whiter Shade of Pale? I can retune it and send you a new one. When you can log onto the PSR Forum look at the Stlyles/OTS category, you will find all my styles posted there. I use the user name ed mc on that forum.

My best to you,

Ed

Reaction score
Hello Ray,

What model keyboard are you using for Whiter Shade of Pale? I can retune it and send you a new one. When you can log onto the PSR Forum look at the Stlyles/OTS category, you will find all my styles posted there. I use the user name ed mc on that forum.

My best to you,

Ed
Hello Ray,

I looked at the owner's manual for your S650 and accomp volume should be adjustable from the function settings also their should be a balance adjustment. The manual is a little vague in these areas but it should be covered in the S650 reference manual which is available from the Yamaha web site. I adjusted the volume levels for the Whiter Shades of Pale and have attached the new version.

Attachments

• WhiterShaderPale-Ed.zip
    22 KB · Views: 87

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I looked at the owner's manual for your S650
Thanks mate! So did I look and finally got some understanding. I found the style volume setting under the functions menu. I tinkered with it and experimented.
With regard to "Whiter Shade. . " I prefer the first version you posted here.
So now I can change the style volume decreasing it from 100 to 40 . . big difference eh! Now I have a perfect balance.
Wow! what a great job you did on the intro to this tune . . I love it!

I have been enjoying your other tunes too. "Fever" for one is awesome! You made these from your S950 and they seem to be compatible with my S650. This is perfect for me.

I looked at downloading other styles from the Yamaha PSR site. There does not seem to be any styles relating to my S650. I tried a few other ones listed there . . S750 and S950 etc. . and none work!

How is it that yours works?

Can you direct me to some styles that will work with my model? Do you have a link to the "ED" files?
Much appreciated.

thanks
regards
Ray

Reaction score
Hello Ray,

I can send you a direct link to my posts from the PSR Forum, but I need an email address for you. You can also search the PSR Forum for my posts using my user name ed mc. Try searching for 127 Song Styles.

Best to you,

Ed

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Ed,
Got 'em all now.
Just going through them. Some special sounds in that lot. I am so impressed and enjoying.

Some of the voices must be unique to Tyros but play superbly on my Arranger. Some magic sounds are awesome. Many thanks indeed.

We are in a second wave of COVID and have lock down again. Gives me much time for keyboarding. I have new challenges with the new styles.
Cheers Ed.

Ray

Reaction score
Hello Ray,

Glad you like and are enjoying the styles. The ones that end with -Ed were created on my 950 and the ones that end with -T5 were done on my Tyros 5. All the styles use the Yamaha SFF2 format that is compatible with all the newer Yamaha keyboards. If a style uses a voice that is not available on the keyboard the software will select a suitable replacement. I have sold my S950 and replaced it with a Korg Pa4X.
I have only had the Korg for two months and am still learning all it can do and getting to know its software. When I just want to play I use the Tyros 5. Both keyboards are great. The Korg has a feature that I wish the Tyros had, it will convert a song midi file to a style.

Enjoy the music,

Ed

Reaction score
Hello Ray,

Glad you like and are enjoying the styles. The ones that end with -Ed were created on my 950 and the ones that end with -T5 were done on my Tyros 5. All the styles use the Yamaha SFF2 format that is compatible with all the newer Yamaha keyboards. If a style uses a voice that is not available on the keyboard the software will select a suitable replacement. I have sold my S950 and replaced it with a Korg Pa4X.
I have only had the Korg for two months and am still learning all it can do and getting to know its software. When I just want to play I use the Tyros 5. Both keyboards are great. The Korg has a feature that I wish the Tyros had, it will convert a song midi file to a style.

Enjoy the music,

Ed
Ed

Great choice in the Pa4X.

This website may help you in getting to know the ins and outs of the Korg OS.

The webinars are hosted by Korg UK staff.

About 20 hours of video is available

Reaction score
I just tried. At least a few of them worked. The limitation is that DGX only allows two variations so if you have built more then I won’t be able to get it. Thanks for the additional resource.

Reaction score
Hello,

Check the owner’s manual spec page and if it says SFF2 styles are supported they should work.
Ed
Well it only mentions SSF and SSF GE, but by my testing at least some of them are working. Don’t know if all the features are waking as intended though.

Reaction score
Is there a way to listen to a keyboard style on my computer instead of importing into a keyboard?

Ask a Question