Style conversions

Reaction score
Hi,. I am an ex Roland E500 keyboard player in a two man group which came to an end with Covid. Also changed to Yamaha PSRS 910 and doing backtracks for younger keyboard plyers. I would like to convert a couple Roland styles to Yamaha compatible. Any advice please

Reaction score
Hi , Yamaha software works with midi files , it doesn’t convert styles from one brand to another.
There used to be software that did it EMC style convert, but it’s no longer available. Unfortunately I changed computers , and I could no longer get a code to activate my copy on my new pcI heard the owner passed away during Covid.
It’s a lot of work converting across and results are not always good.
The drum mapping on Roland keyboards is different to Yamaha‘s xg mapping. You could end up with incorrect drums playing.
There are 1,000’s of styles over on the psr style site. A lot of them are conversions from other brands. Unlikely, but maybe someone has converted the roland styles across. Even if not e500 , styles are sometimes duplicated on more than one model.

Ask a Question