Suggestion Needed: $1250 budget for a digital piano

Discussion in 'Korg Keyboards' started by prinjal26, Jun 10, 2016.

1. prinjal26

prinjal26

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to buy a digital piano. I own a Korg Kross 61 which I love but the keys are not hammered keys and since I am new to playing my wrists are not as strong. I practice in Kross 61 but when I play in a grand piano on school recital it makes a big difference.

So I wanted to have a digital piano. I am thinking of Korg LP-180 or LP-380 which fits the budget but I have read in a piano forum that the sound quality is just so-so. I wanted the best quality I can find at the price. Any suggestions would definitely be appreciated! TIA!

prinjal26, Jun 10, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. prinjal26

happyrat1 Destroyer of Eardrums!!!

Best piano sounds today? Kurzweil Artis or Forte, but way over budget. Next best thing? Casio Privia PX-5S or PX-560. Amazing sounds and amazing technology for an amazing price.

Also take a look at what's out from Kawai these days. They have a great rep for piano sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W79BPGiIk94

Gary ;)

happyrat1, Jun 10, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. prinjal26

delaware dave

+1 to Gary. The Forte IS the shit...... but way over your (and my) budget. Check out the Casio. Don't be fooled by the name, the Casio professional line of keyboards are surprising good.

delaware dave, Jun 10, 2016
    happyrat1 likes this.
  4. prinjal26

Doug Lanier

If it’s a stage piano you’re looking for, try the Roland RD-300NX. I bought mine new for $1250, great sounds, great action!

Doug Lanier, Aug 11, 2018
  5. prinjal26

Mighty Motif Max

Add $45 and you can get a Kurzweil SP6. Lower, Yamaha P125, Korg D1, and Roland FP30. Older, Roland FP50 for around the price of the SP6. Perhaps a Yamaha CP40 if you look.

Mighty Motif Max, Aug 18, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question