Suggestion

Reaction score
I am a beginner and i originally perform Indian Classical Music. I have seen the functions of both casio ctk 7000 and yamaha psr e423. Can any one suggest me which one is more preferable and which of the above has a better sound quality? I also want to know which of the above will be suited for some fusion work? I have some knowledge in western music also. Plz suggest me the best within these budget range.......

The Y_man

Reaction score
Sorry, don't really have an ear for Indian Classical.

Ctk 7000 claims to have indian instruments tones and rhythm patches.... but I expect the Yamaha t have a similar set.

The Y-man

Reaction score
The newer Casio's have a larger selection of 'oriental' instruments (not only Indian) but I personally prefer the soundquality of a Yamaha. That doesn't help you much, however the voices of the Casio's are reasonable easy to tweak to your liking.

Reaction score
Actually i don't want Indian Sounds............i want a keyboard with a lots of facilities and a good sound also. As DickR said to download their manuals, i did so and found that casio ctk 7000 has a lot of extra facilites than Yamaha PSR E423. Is the sound of casio good??

Reaction score
Swapnil, it is a personal taste in the first place. If you have a change, listen to them yourself.
I have had Yamaha's for many years and since last year also a Casio. I still prefer the sound of the Yamaha's but with a bit of work, sounds on the Casio (the ones I use most) are easy to adjust to a personal taste and store for future use in a much larger memory than on the 423. No doubt for the money you get a heck of a lot more extra's on the Casio.

DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
Actually i don't want Indian Sounds............i want a keyboard with a lots of facilities and a good sound also. As DickR said to download their manuals, i did so and found that casio ctk 7000 has a lot of extra facilites than Yamaha PSR E423. Is the sound of casio good??

I recorded my CTK-7000 playing back some standard midi files

https://www.keyboardforums.com/ctk-7000-demo-t23543.html

The Y-man

Ask a Question