Supernatural

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a stage piano(keyboard) I need something light weight so I can move it around. I only need a piano sound. Nothing else. What keyboards come with the supernatural sound. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible. But I do want the supernatural sound. Any models you can recomend?

Reaction score
"Supernatural" is a trademark Roland use to describe their top of the line piano sound.

Have a look through here to get a feel for their different stage pianos and what they offer:

https://www.roland.com/us/categories/pianos/stage_pianos/

I think if you want one with the supernatural sounds, you're looking at the higher end of the price range, so you may need to go for a pre-loved 'board?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes I’m ok with buying pre- loved. I think if I was to buy new the FP 30 would be the way to go. It is simple and light weight. But are the older options that I could find the supernatural sounds in? Maybe I can get something that would be cheaper that is pre-loved? Any idea on in older models that have the supernatural sounds?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
This guy Robbie on the keys told me his kurzweil has the best piano sound.
I have seen these guys a few times now an got to know them. Robbie has other keys he uses as well for other kinds of gigs. But the kurzweil might be worth checking out for piano sound.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're looking for great pianos the current Kurzweil Models to look at are the Artis and the Forte and the PC3A8.

These all feature the hugely sampled German pianos that are Kurzweil's flagship sounds.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The latest Casio Privia's are surprisingly light (like 15lbs), sound and feel good. I erroneously recommended the Yamaha P45 to my inlaws last Christmas. At the same time my friend got a similarly priced Casio Privia PX-160, that I tried out (ironically when I went to visit my inlaws), and I immediately felt really bad, the Privia was in another class above the Yamaha... I've never had it in me to break it to them, though, they love it all the same. Kurzweils are a bit heavier, as even the lightest Fatar keybeds (like the TP/100LR on my Arturia KeyLab and on the lighter Kurzweils) are heavier than that. As for feel, I would say the Privia PX-160 and Fatar TP/100LR are comparable. Can't comment on sound or speakers, since I haven't played a Kurz for a weil.

Reaction score
The latest Casio Privia's are surprisingly light (like 15lbs), sound and feel good. . . .

"sound and feel good" -- +1.

But they're around 25 lbs. That seems to be the minimum weight (now) for an 88-key, weighted action, with electronics and loudspeakers.

See here:

https://www.casio.com/products/electronic-musical-instruments/privia-digital-pianos/px-160/techspec

And for the Yamaha P45 (within a few ounces of the PX-160):

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/p_series/p-45/specs.html

. Charles

PS -- HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Reaction score
Whoops, musta mixed up that spec with another board... though I could have sworn it was 15lbs. huh.

Still, 25lbs is pretty light. Same weight as my Keylab, plus a sound engine and speakers. Get a decent case with a shoulder strap, and it's fairly portable. I haul mine 2-3 times a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camolad

Latest Threads