Sustain digital effect

Reaction score
Hi all!

I got myself a Casio CTK-750 and so far I'm impressed with it. Good sounds, and plenty of them!

I'm trying to play a more "epic" piece now. On the piano, I would ake heavy use of the sustain pedal to really make he notes linger for 5 odd seconds. Really helps the sound. However, I can't see if there's a way to duplicate this on my Casio. This board sports 514 tones, rhythms, pad variations, magical presets and effects, yet none - as far as I can see - give a nice, long reverb. The closest there is is a digital effect, reverb 2, but his is a very mild effect and doesn't hold the note long at all

My question is can I somehow make a proper, heavy sustain effect? If I were to buy a pedal, would it help at all?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I don't know much about Casio, but what I know, most keyboards that are not toys should support sustain pedals, so it should help you make some longer notes. I can't really see how it would not help, atleast...

But I think it's best to wait until someone with more knowledge answers before you make any decisions ^^

Reaction score
Using effects for sustain is never a good idea. You can make your notes "longer" by playing with the "Release" and "Attack" time (if there is such thing on casio) but that will lengthen ALL you notes while you play and that's one thing you don't want, cause the piece you're playing will sound blurry and the notes will mix.

If this is the keyboard you're talking about

ctk750.jpg

Then sorry... there's no sustain pedal input :(

That keyboard was released in the early 90's and it's way past date for today's standards
or any better music production :(

Reaction score
You can use a sustain pedal with your Casio. Just make sure it is listed as am acceptable model. Be careful with Yamaha Pedals, they may not work with your board. I have this one and it works fine with my Casio. M-Audio SP-1 Sustain Pedal

Reaction score
Cheers chaps! Sorry for the late reply...

Thanks Sysryn for the heads-up. Looks like you're right, no obvious input (and that does look like the one I have). Dang. I just got back from a friend's place who has such a pedal and when I played the tunes there they sounded a *lot* deeper and powerful.

Ask a Question