sustain pedal help?

Reaction score
Hellos, I have this really horrible Base MK-939S keyboard that cant hold a note for a whole bar. it has 136 tone but only about 5 of them can hold a note for more then 3 seconds and they're not particularly useful ones -_-. So i was told to get a sustain pedal, the thing is the only ports i have are a midi out, L and R speaker output, power and a large headphones port. I can only find this sort of sustain pedal:
p27230.jpg

Is this what i need to get? It looks like it plugs into the headphones port.. this is all new and confusing to me :confused:, Any chance of some enlightenment please?

Reaction score
I found an old post about this topic... https://www.keyboardforums.com/showthread.php?t=139
As for the sustain pedal, those types of pedals (the one in the picture) is usually plugged into a pedal plug... why your keyboard wouldn't have one I don't know (cheap keyboard?). Anyway the forum I pasted suggests plugging into the midi ports (something I know nothing about). That pedal won't do that... the other thread links to a midi sustain pedal.

Good luck.

Woops, after hitting post I looked at the picture closer... that's not a sustain pedal lol. That's clearly a volume pedal, something your
keyboard likely can't use.

Reaction score
If there is no sustain port at the back, you can't plug a sustain pedal into it.

Like Pianoman said, your best bet would be to use an external midi controller that does have a sustain pedal port. That is assuming though that the keyboard's sound module actually allowes for notes to be sustained for longer than 3 seconds.

Reaction score
If there is no sustain port at the back, you can't plug a sustain pedal into it.

Like Pianoman said, your best bet would be to use an external midi controller that does have a sustain pedal port. That is assuming though that the keyboard's sound module actually allowes for notes to be sustained for longer than 3 seconds.

Or your polyphony. When you "eat" all of it the "older" notes will just stop playing and therefore make room for new ones.

P.S. That's definitely not a sustain pedal :)

Ask a Question