Sustain pedal issue

Reaction score
Hi all, after getting a power issue fixed on my old Roland XP 10, whenever I use the sustain pedal, it creates a vibrato/modulation effect (same as pushing the pitch wheel up).

I have completed a factory reset a number of times but it does it every time. Have tried other sustain pedals. Any ideas from the brains trust?

Reaction score
One possibilty Is that the pedal setting has been changed from sustain and the setting is being retained in the factory reset.

The pedal on an XP has multiple functions depending upon what is set in the Pedal Assign Menu.

Edit > Perform Command > Pedal Assign will get you there.

Do cone back and let us know the outcome.

Reaction score
If the operating system got corrupted then a factory reset doesnt necessarily address the corruption. Perhaps try to reinstall the operating system. Report back your results.

Reaction score
Well I opened it up today and it looks like when they last work was done they damaged the footswitch socket (where the jack goes into). I tried resoldering it back in place, but did not help. Hopefully I can order this small part, but I am just hoping the circuit board is not stuffed.
Thanks for your tips

Ask a Question