sustain pedal with a looser spring?

Reaction score
I'd like a sustain pedal that requires a little less effort than some I've tried. The latest one I tried is the nektar NP2. The ones I've tried all seem to require a lot more effort than my acoustic piano. Does something like what I'm wanting exist? I have one of those simple square sustain pedals, but it moves all over the place and I'd like to have a "real" sustain pedal. Thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Buy some Grip Mat off Amazon, it should be about $2. Put it on the floor with the square pedal on top of it, the pedal will not move.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
$20 solution.

Buy an M-Audio SP-2.

Excellent pedals built like a brick outhouse.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks happyrat. Seems like it's no longer in production but can be found on Amazon and Reverb. Have you found the "effort" involved with depressing the pedal less than other sustain pedals? Maybe it's because my acoustic piano has been played a lot, but the effort to use the sustain pedal on my acoustic piano is a lot less than the sustain pedals I've tried and returned.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Ask a Question