sxKN2600 to SXKN6000

Reaction score
Hi I've had to retire my 20 year old KN2600 due to broken sequencer buttons but was lucky enough to get a KN6000 to replace it. My question really is how do i get my collection of midi files which are on SD card to play on the KN6000 which has floppy drive. The files are nx not gm ( I intend to replace floppy with emulater soon if that makes a difference ) Any help would be much appreciated

Reaction score
Hi Biggles - If you have your midis on an SD Card, is it possible that you also still have them on your computer and that they are therefore gm files on that computer rather than nx having been loaded into your KN2600 ? You may be aware that compatibility of files with Technics keyboards goes in one direction - oldest through to latest - but not backwards from KN2600 to KN6000. If you had purchased a KN7000 then you would have had compatibility and been able to use your SD Card.
I have not found it possible to convert nx files of midis back into gm files hence the need to get hold of those original midis...

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhsmith451

Latest Threads