Synth for a beginner?

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a beginner at playing keyboard and I want to buy a new synth for a beginner. I want a synth because I wanna have a wider range of sounds, but nothing too complicated. I saw this synth that looks interesting: http://www.thomann.de/gb/emu_longboard.htm
But people say it's not really good and it's more like a toy.
You can hear it here:

Sadly that's all I can afford, but why do people say bad things about it? Should I get it, I mean I'm a beginner and it sounds ok to me...

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hey, Ice! First of all, welcome to the forum!

My suggestion would be that since you are a beginner, you really want to get something as inexpensive as possible yet gives you the most features for the price.

Is there a music store around you that may have this keyboard in stock so that you can play around with it? If not, I would still go and talk to the keyboards guys there and get their take on your situation and suggestions.

Also, you may want to check out M-Audio. They provide excellent keyboards and synths at great prices. You definitely get more than you pay for with that brand.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Venom.html

Good luck on your search and keep us posted on what you decide!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Ice

I bought Roland Juno Di for around 600 and all things considered I'm happy with it. It has alot of great sythn sounds and it's very easy to use. It's not a sequencer though.

It is also only 12lbs and the construction seems descent. I really couldn't afford anything more though.

Good luck!

Ask a Question