Synth sound of Wham! Careless Whisper?

Reaction score
Hi. Any of you know which type of sounds, what type of synthesizers used in Wham!/George Michael's Careless Whisper? I thought I could try to make it close....but fails so any suggestion will be really grateful! Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

What part of the song are you talking about. At about 1 minute I could hear a bit of dry hammond organ with no leslie. At about 2 minutes I could hear again a dry electric piano with a bit of sustain and no tremolo. At about three minutes a bit of a moogy pad sound for a couple of notes and more EP.

And all the way thru plenty of sax, bass and drums.

It's really not a particularly synthy song.

GARY ;)

Reaction score
Thank you very much Gary. Well The most interesting synth sound is the chord sound during verse 2 (the one you described as dry electric piano) that I’d like to know what synthesizer used to make that sound. Somehow it’s quite unique for me and I just cannot produce the sound that close to the original, yet.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If it's an EP, chances are probably better than average that it's a classic EP sound, such as a Fender Rhodes, a Wurlitzer, a Hohner Clavinet, or even a Yamaha DX synth patch.

Reaction score
George`s favorite synth was the Roland Juno 60. I would like to know the sound at the beginning though, defo a synth, maybe a emulator , the ahh ah ahha arrhhhh

Ask a Question