[Tech Question] Yamaha Smart Pianist app for Android

Reaction score
Hi Folks:

Im wondering if anyone has experience with the app using android app?

It looks like it was launched in November with a very short and limited list of android devices at the moment. I did download the app and unfortunately I use a China based phone so its not compatible but it looks like the app for android has much much more sounds and options than the ipad version.
Im looking for some honest reviews as I am considering switching to Samsung tablet to use it.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Forget an Android tablet, get an iPad.

The App works very well when in use.

It allows for quick and easy setup and recall of Registrations, the features available within the App are depend upon the keyboard it is in use with.

There are also thousands of Music related Apps available and those that I have on my iPad worked very well with my P series.

Reaction score
I am using it with iPad. Thus far loving it and my new rig too. It’s just I don’t know how to use the rig without the software remote control.
It was just the Android version has more expanded features and sounds...and hoping I only needed to carry one rig vs. two across town when playing.
Guess I’ll wait for app upgrade.
:)

Reaction score
Have a look at what other Music Instrument apps are available for your iPad, there are many more quality ones than there are for android.

Start with Music Studio Pro.

Then look at Tone Stack, Magellan, Synthesia, Minimoog, Korg Gadget, Korg Module PromU Beats, Galileo Organ 2 (excellent for the price).

Of course you have the Apple freebie Garage Band which has a reasonable array of instrument sounds.

Then there is On Song for your sheet music and playlists

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my question. I asked another question about music software in another thread which I appreciated your suggestion.

Just for conversation sake, I did look into music production and DAWs to mix my original music. For iPad, SynthOne and GrooveBox are pretty good apps. GarageBand is junk on iPad but good on desktop.Dont have time to dig that hole at the moment. Better off learning to play guitar and keyboards first :)

Thanks

Ask a Question