TechnicsKN2000 Blue screen no graphics help

Reaction score
Hi guys i have this old Technics KN2000, that lately lost screen graphics ,any fix for this,i have some experience on electronics on tvs and PC , so any clues would be appreciated,

Reaction score
Welcome.

Do you have any areas if the keyboard that function?
Thanks mate, I have kinda tinted color on some areas and some times graphics come back kinda faded distorted and soon dissapear

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check on the back of the keyboard for a potentiometer knob that controls screen contrast,

Or it could be under menu control. Check your manual.,

If there's a knob try swiping it back and forth a few dozen times to see if it clears any gunk on the pot.

If that doesn't work then try a squirt of Deoxit Contact Cleaner into the pot and work it in a few dozen times.

If none of the above work then it may be the LCD Backlight that's failing. Look around on Ebay for a replacement display.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Before you replace the LCD though, open it up and check the ribbon connectors. Carefully lift them off and squirt some Deoxit on the ribbon contacts and carefully reseat them in the original position.

It helps to take a lot of pictures with your phone when you start disassembling a keyboard so you know how to put it back together again.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Before you replace the LCD though, open it up and check the ribbon connectors. Carefully lift them off and squirt some Deoxit on the ribbon contacts and carefully reseat them in the original position.

It helps to take a lot of pictures with your phone when you start disassembling a keyboard so you know how to put it back together again.

Gary ;)
Thanks mate i already opened it a couple times ,and tried to reseat ribon cables to the man-board ,maybe the cable itself is bad ! who knows,unfortunately no ribbon cables available,will open it one more time to investigate,thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
On a lot of keyboards the display is located on a daughter board with a header attached to the main board. These are the contacts that may need cleaning.

Does the backlight still work or is the board dark now?

BTW, be careful working with older fluorescent style backlights. They can carry quite a voltage and give you a nasty shock when powered up.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
On a lot of keyboards the display is located on a daughter board with a header attached to the main board. These are the contacts that may need cleaning.

Does the backlight still work or is the board dark now?

BTW, be careful working with older fluorescent style backlights. They can carry quite a voltage and give you a nasty shock when powered up.

Gary ;)
Thanks mate; well for now i gave up on this since there are some functions and sounds work ok only limited to sounds cause can'st see them on the screen,besides that it works ok,. the screen is completely blue no graphics at all, besides i have another keyboard which is Yamaha PSRS910 , i rarely use KN2000, cause the sounds on PSrs910 are from other Galatia, i just don't send this KN2000 to the Dumpster cause of Simmental value

Reaction score
I have a kn 2000,when I got this arranger it had issues.
Display was only lighting up on blue.
The knobs-led's didn't light up.
The knobs didn't function.
The only sound was grand piano and the volume slider worked.
I searched every where on the mainboard and connections didn't find nothing.
Cleaned everthing dismanteld the total arranger to find the defect.
Put it back together still no cure.
I spend quit some money on a technical schematiqeu ( bleu print)
Try for weeks to fix it.
A technician took it apart messeared ever piece on power faillieur couldn't find nothing wrong
After I was giving up, I plugged it in, and guess what.
It worked just fine and still does.
No Idea what the problem was.
Mayby it was to long ago it did power up and it was stored in a garage or something for years.

Reaction score
The reason I got a KN 2000, first really great arranger for that time.
And Technics was far ahead of other brands (I think for there future to much ahead to survive)
But the KN-2000 was the mother (or father) of most models that came after that.
It is Arranger-history

Reaction score
I have the Technics Kn2000, but can't change the voice. Reason being that the whole side of that voice changing section doesn't light up as before....

What can I do please?

Ask a Question