Techno/Trance Production questions.

Reaction score
I'm sort of at a point where I am unsure of how to proceed. I have 3 synths and a good music program but now after fiddling around for awhile and getting used to my synths I'm beginning to realize that I really know nothing about recording music or playing techno. does anyone know of any good websites where i can find lessons on either: Digital recording, Music Production, Playing Techno, Playing Trance, or working with a multi-tier synth setup?

Reaction score
I have a post here on two-keyboard MIDI setups that might be what you're looking for. If you can understand everything with two, moving to three shouldn't be that hard. Not really sure about your other questions though. I've found computer -based recording to be easy enough that once you have the right software and hardware, it's largely intuitive anyway.

Reaction score
There is a forum which is originally geared to the Access synth line (Virus A, B, C, Ti, Snow, etc), but is heavily influenced by electronic music (techno, trance, house, etc) and has some threads that are not specific to using the Access synths.

You'll find some amazing techno/electronic/dance music people on this site and they're very good resources.

I'm not sure what gear your using, but if you're really into electronic music, you should do yourself a favor and check out a Virus Ti. It's the mack daddy for that particular genre of music (even though i don't use it for that purpose, I can see it's power).

The forum is: http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php

Ask a Question