Tempo issue

Reaction score
When I´m playing a style, this has its pre-defined tempo. By changing to a new style, the previous tempo remains unchanged.
How can I have the new style assume, automatically, its own tempo. I couldn´t find any information about it in Jørgen Sørensen's articles. Is it possible? Would you please tell me how can I do it?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Selecting a style should automatically change to that style's default tempo, so usually the problem is how to stop the tempo from changing, not how to stop it from staying the same.

However, it might depend on how you're selecting the style-- that is, whether you're pressing the STYLE button and selecting a style, or whether you're recalling a Registration to change voices and styles in the middle of a performance.

What are the circumstances or situation in your case?

Reaction score
Selecting a style should automatically change to that style's default tempo, so usually the problem is how to stop the tempo from changing, not how to stop it from staying the same.

However, it might depend on how you're selecting the style-- that is, whether you're pressing the STYLE button and selecting a style, or whether you're recalling a Registration to change voices and styles in the middle of a performance.

What are the circumstances or situation in your case?
Thank you for you quick reaction.
In my case, imagine that I am using a style with BPM=235 to do the accompaniment of a song. Meanwhile, I decided to use a different style, instead, with BPM=175 to play that same song. What happens is that the new style of BPM=175 keeps the 235 BPM of the previous style. I don´t want this to happen. What shoul I do?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If you're in the process of recording a song, you can't change the Tempo setting once you've started to record; you must set it before you start to record.

If you're performing a song live and want to switch styles, voices, tempo, or anything else in the middle of performing, the best option is to set up everything the way you want it for the first part of the song and save those settings to a registration, set up everything the way you want it for the second part of the song and save those settings to a second registration, set up everything the way you want it for the third part of the song and save those settings to a third registration, and so forth. Then when you're actually performing the song live, you can recall the desired settings for each part of the song by pressing the appropriate REGISTRATION MEMORY button.

However, that procedure allows you to make certain changes while you're recording a song, but it can't override the normal restrictions about recording. In other words, you can use that procedure to change the Tempo while performing live, but you can't use it to change the Tempo while recording since the keyboard isn't designed to allow that.

Reaction score
Good Evening
Need some help!
How to save a MIDI file exported from Fruity Loops as a MIDI Format 0 file?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that program's options, but often a DAW will let you specify the desired MIDI file format that you want to export to. If you can't find anything like that in the settings, search through the nanual to see if it mentions anything.

Note that a MIDI format 0 file has all 16 channels in a single "track," so if there's no setting that lets you specify the MIDI file format to export to then you might need to move each individual channel to a single track, rather than having many separate tracks that each contain a single channel.

However, even if you can't get the DAW to export to a MIDI format 0 file, there are utility programs that let you convert a MIDI file from one format to another, so that might be the simplest solution.

Ask a Question