The Moonlight Sonata 1st movement

Reaction score
Working on this for awhile now still got a bit to go...just wondering what you guys think so far?

Reaction score
Very good! Couple of points that might be helpful - you are putting in an extra note/beat fairly regularly - might be worth having a close listen to a recording so that you can hear where. Also from a physical point of view you seem to play with your thumb and index finger in your right hand and forget about the other fingers! ;) Check the fingering on the manuscript, it should make things easier for you. Overall very impressive though!

Reaction score
Hi guys..first of all thanks for the complements and becky thank you for your advice aswell...you're right i do put in an extra triple here and there..i find it sounds better at some parts...i know, I should play it exactly how it's supposed to be played..I will take your advice and get out of the habit of doing that thanx..as for the fingering..I've never had piano lessons in my life..I basicly play the way the fingering feels comfortable to me..if i were to play with proper fingering now it would feel very awkward to me..i've got too used to playing like that...as long as it sounds alright i don't think it matters...not like i'm gonna be playing live at the ulster hall or anything like that..it's only a hobby really,it's all it will ever be..anyway thanks again I will keep trying to improve it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question