the retarded basic / advanced thing back in the 90s

Reaction score
who came up with this idea, and why did they torture us with it? roland had the greatest potential but always had this stupid ways to just block you from using it in the full way..

what do you guys think about this?

Reaction score
I worked in the trade at the time and the set up was not any different from Yamaha or Technics apart from the words used,

Reaction score
its the way they forced us to work with 2 variations. korg i3 had 4 variations (just the same as e70) but we had our rhythm section split in to two parts, and its impossible to use this system like korg's 4 variation system. i have 2 em-50's, an em55 and a g1000. also a bk5. and these 4 keyboards have the exact same rhythm system but apart from bk5, they suck big time..

Reaction score
That's what you get when you get the beniffits of Italian flair mixed with Japanese Quality, in the late 1970's Italy was possibly the real hot bed of inovation but unfortunatley they did not have the technology to back it up,at the time I worked for Elgam/Stelmar great idea's but the product could not last,everything was run on the limit,unlike the Japanese makers,who has less flair but a product you knew would last and last.That was why Roland bought into the Italian market to make their keyboards,as a dealer in 1991 the "E" series keyboards all came from Italy,KR Pianos from Japan.( the old "Acetone" works)

Reaction score
so because yamaha and other brands were the same, we had to wait until 2004 to get 4 variations.. and dont get me even started on va7 and em50 basic/advanced system which cut off drums and acc while going to basic variations..

Ask a Question