the roland ep.75 can I use it in a modern computer based recording set up

Reaction score
Hi folks brand new user here from ireland.I just got this roland ep.75 digital piano from my brother it has an in ,out midi ports in the back,I am an acoustic musician so most of my recording is audio I record using cubase element 8 and use a focusrite 2i2 interface and a laptop and all is going well in that department I would like now to explore and be able to add some vst instruments to my recordings and wonder if I can use this old roland by using some kind of midi to usb convertor I like the look and the weighted keys of the roland it look so much better built them the Acorn midi keyboard I was thinking of buying. any advice? Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Ogill!

You should be able to use the Roland as a MIDI controller for VSTis simply using a class compliant USB MIDI Interface. The cheap ones from China can be had for a couple of bucks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-USB-to-Midi-In-Out/dp/B000XRI3CC

Plug the IN to the OUT socket and the OUT to the IN Socket and plug the USB to your computer and it should automatically find and install the drivers for itself.

As for using a DAW and VSTi's you'll probably have to set your keyboard to local off and MIDI out enabled and you should be good to go as long as your DAW recognizes the interface.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question