The YAMAHA PSR-E453.

Reaction score
13-03-2020.
4.15pm.
Hello all. :)
I am a new member here; I've juuuust signed up, although before I did, I read some posts regarding the YAMAHA PSR-E453 keyboard. :)
Thank you to the person/s for suggesting the clear backup. :)
From today, I am now the proud owner of my very own PSR-E453 keyboard and, since my keyboard was pre-owned, that suggestion helped. :)
Mind you, I haven't as yet started to play anything, although I'm sure that it will be fantastic - when I can finally settle down over the weekend with it. :)
I did purchase a YAMAHA PSR-210 keyboard in July of 1995, and it has now started to rust inside, so has now been put out to pasture. :-(
I did have some great times with it though; it was a great keyboard. :,-)
If anybody here with the PSR-E453 keyboard can give me some tips, that would be great. :-D
PS:- I play using the Single Finger chord feature - which I haven't found on this new keyboard yet. :p
LOL!
Perhaps, now that I have done a clear backup, I will find it? :p
Take Care all,
phantomsphriend. :-D

Reaction score
Welcome.

The 453 has an Easy Chord function where Major chords are one fingered, Minor is the root plus the nearest black to the left, 7th is root plus nearest white to the left and Minor 7th is three fingered.

I suggest you try this on your keyboard with your left hand as the manual says nothing about enabling the feature hence it may be there by default.

With these combinations you really would be best advised learning to play chords correctly, it will greatly enhance your playing in the long term.

Reaction score
14-03-2020.
4.14pm.
Hiya Biggles. :)
Thank you very much for your welcome and for your response. :)
I have found it.:D
With my previous keyboard, the display screen showed 2 red digital numbers and the Single Finger feature had a MODE menu where I could highlight Single Finger.:)
With my new keyboard, that is the ACMP button. :)
I have now managed to do a bit of doodling of a couple of songs, although I still do need to work on what style etc to use, but I'm gettin' there (I still have time to improve as yet, as these are still VERY early days at the moment).:p:D
As I mentioned above, I'm still used to seeing a "red" screen with only digital numbers on it, whereas this new screen is a lit up blue screen with, not just digital numbers, but also words - AND the musical staff and notes and, with the ACMP (Single Finger option:D) on, the chords come up as I play them; AM7, or whichever chord I play - using up to only 3 fingers.:D
So far, I can honestly say that this is one heck of a keyboard:D - and it arrived only yesterday.:D
I see this keyboard as a new friend whom I have just met and do not know (well) yet, and as time passes, my new friend and I will get to know each other better - and become inseparable.:) (BLUUUUSH)
:):D
PS:- I have given some thought to having lessons; although this keyboard does have built-in lessons.:D

Reaction score
The E series is Yamaha’s model line up which is aimed at beginners with the 4xx being top of line.

Next is the S series, then the fairly new SX, the old Tyros lineup and top of range Genos.

Yamaha are not exactly menu friendly but they are worth time and effort in learning your way around it.

Good luck trying go use the inbuilt lessons, the minute screen makes this an awkward activity.

If you look at the Manual you will see a table of chords in diagrammatic form. If you study it and replicate finger placement for each Major chord you should see a pattern, do the same for Minor chords and there is a slightly different pattern, the same for seventh chords with again a pattern.

Keep up the enthusiasm.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, @phantomsphriend!

I'm glad you're enjoying your new PSR-E453. I have the PSR-EW400, which is the 76-key version of the same model that you have. I also have three of the previous models. :)

Reaction score
15-03-2020.
5.50pm.
Hi SeaGtGruff. :)
Yes, I am enjoying it. :)
Are all of the keyboards that you have YAMAHA?
Some time ago, a friend gave me TWO keyboards (yes, I was given them, LOL!), neither of which are YAMAHAs, which I really do much prefer. :)
And my friend knew that I prefer YAMAHA.
Go figure.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, at this time the only keyboards I own are from Yamaha, except for a keyboard controller from M-Audio. You can see my past and present keyboards listed below my signature. :)

Ask a Question