This Thing Blows TCHelicon Out of the Water

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I saw this the other night on Shark Tank. I can't believe these guys are pushing it on the Karaoke Home Gamer Market and overlooking the Pro Market entirely.

Then again these guys started out in the business by creating the Guitar Hero Video Game. I really don't think these gays realize what the pro market potential is for this thing.

If they decide to release it as a module only or as a Pro version I will buy one so fast my Visa card will catch fire :D :D :D

http://www.singtrix.com/

My $240 TCHelicon Voicetone Synth can't do a quarter of the effects this deceptively simple little box seems to be capable of.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
There is no marketing directed at pro's because that is a toy. Here's the real thing, a Lexicon - and you've heard Lexicon devices used in producing film and music tracks for years without realizing it. You can get a Lexicon MX200 dirt cheap and they are amazing; we use one for the vocals in my band.

But it is really cool just the same,

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Some professionals consider Casios to be "toys" too. :p

They obviously haven't played around with the XW series and the PX-5S with any degree of thoroughness.

Even compared to that $3000 Lexicon the Singtrix blows it away with a brilliantly simple interface and over 340 USABLE effects.

The MX200 seems to be nothing more than a chorus/delay unit anyway.

Today's technological "toys" tend to have specs that exceed their "professional" predecessors by sheer orders of magnitude.

30 years ago multitrack recording was out of the reach of everyone except the largest of record companies and costliest of professional studios.

Today any idiot can cut a professional sounding demo or production disc on a lousy iPad.

Simply because it lacks 1/4" TS line outs and XLR mic ins does not make this unit a toy imho.

Hooked up to a quality mixer and PA I can't see this thing sounding any less impressive than the overpriced Lexicons and it seems a hell of a lot easier to use with preconfigured effects tweaked to the current standards of the industry.

As for audio quality, it's been 30 years since THD and frequency response and similar specs have been any sort of issue with the hardware coming out these days.

Personally I'm less inclined to call this piece of hardware "irrelevant" and more inclined toward calling it "ground breaking" and "revolutionary."

What Casio has done for keyboarding in the past 30 years is what this company is going to end up doing for vocals.

Mark my words...

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Incidentally, I fired off an email with my questions to these guys on the weekend. Yesterday I received a reply.

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your support. We actually are partners with TC Helicon and co-own some of the same intellectual property. We will also be in pro music stores but still geared to the broader market with simpler interface than the TC units. Our current dist Voxx will also be dist/expanding the line to Canada as well, just running late on shipments. Thanks!

Go to www.singtrix.com/pages/support for simple tips, tricks and operating FAQs!

Ask a Question