Thraxtrack (New)

Reaction score
Finally a new one, one step closer to a good recording but still needs more work getting it right. Hope you enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/user-412296517/thraxtrack
thraxrise.jpg

Reaction score
I liked it , so did my wife.. shes always hearing some sort of music coming from out of the computer / music room :) im gussing there must be alot of "guest" traffic? Ive noticed that the view counts hit like 80-100 or more views on most posts but i think i can count the number of regular viewers on my fingers..

Reaction score
Sounds pretty accurate, thanks for the reply. This is kind of a slow board but it also makes you feel like you know the regular members a little better, more intimate. Hope you have a great day.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Fishin >>> You have to realize that people here post about a half hour's worth of music collectively per day.

I don't always have time to give every piece a fair listen. Especially one that runs 8 minutes. But I do try and make the effort to catch up at least once or twice a week.

To be honest I don't really think this is your best work. It comes across as a series of musical sketches in search of a unifying theme. (Did I mention it was 8 minutes long???) :)

Seriously though, I usually try to keep my pieces between 3 and 4 minutes long and unless you are creating some sort of grand concept album that's usually the limit a listener can handle before they get bored or antsy.

I'm not against long pieces per se. Some of my all time favorites in progressive rock ran 20 minutes per side. Low Spark, Friends of Mr Cairo, Thick as a Brick, Inna Gadda Davida, etc...

But sadly I didn't see this piece fitting in that category.

As a glimpse inside the author's mind as to where you are going I can see it as a musical scratchpad of motifs and ideas and riffs and rhythms, but there is no real underlying thread that ties it all together.

Keep working at it. Not every tune is a winner, but learn from the criticisms and responses or lack thereof to keep on improving your tunes.

And that, my son, is how music is made :D :D :D

Sorry for the lecture. :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I like that piece.
Hard to imagine it all comes from a keyboard. The guitars sound is so real.
During the day i spend a lot of time in my workshop by my self. I always play CD's and as Gary mentioned the long tracks work a treat for me.
A passion Play, War of the Worlds, Quadraphinia, Tubular Bells are some of my favs.
Love your work Fishingman.

Love Music / Love Life -Ray

Reaction score
I like that piece.
Hard to imagine it all comes from a keyboard. The guitars sound is so real.
During the day i spend a lot of time in my workshop by my self. I always play CD's and as Gary mentioned the long tracks work a treat for me.
A passion Play, War of the Worlds, Quadraphinia, Tubular Bells are some of my favs.
Love your work Fishingman.

Love Music / Love Life -Ray
I appreciate it, I always enjoy leads anyway I can find them, thanks for the listen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads