Tim Bachman, Guitarist/Co-Founder of Bachman-Turner Overdrive Dies at 71

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Tim Bachman, guitarist and co-founder of Canadian rock band Bachman-Turner Overdrive, has died at age 71. The news was announced by Bachman’s son, Ryder, on Friday, who wrote in a Facebook post, “My Dad passed this afternoon. Thank You Everyone for the kind words. Grateful I got to spend some time with him at the end. Grab yer loved ones and hug em close, ya never know how long you have.”

...snip...

Don't know if you've heard of them in Australia or UK, but they were a huge part of my childhood. :(

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sad.

They did not have many chart entries here but Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet was very popular on the Juke Box in the places we used to frequent.

It hits home even more when they pass in that he was younger than me.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Sad indeed!
Tim joins his brother Robbie who died recently as well.

"Taking Care of Business" and "Aint seen Nothing Yet" were huge hits in Australia.

Gordon Lightfoot as well was huge in Australia.

We also lost Broderick Smith an Aussie country rock guitarist. Did you guys know of him?
"Way Out West" was a huge hit from the seventies
Wow!

All Sadly missed. Great memories!

Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
We also lost Broderick Smith an Aussie country rock guitarist. Did you guys know of him?
"Way Out West" was a huge hit from the seventies
Wow!

All Sadly missed. Great memories!

Ray

Sorry but if he got any airplay in Canada in those days it was on C&W music stations.

I was way more into the British invasion and west coast psychedelia in those days,

Gary ;)

Ask a Question