Tone Manager - Roland Juno DS - HELP

Reaction score
Hi all

So I have decided to explore Tone Manager with the Juno DS. I have lots of performances and patches for different bands and I have decided I'd like to organise them into separate 'back up files' that I can load up on the keyboard when I need them. Also put them in order etc. and have an easier place to edit performances too.

The problem is, I can't make heads nor tails of tone manager. I've managed to connect the keyboard and assign it in the settings tab, but connecting it doesn't seem to achieve much. Clicking 'write' in the library to import what's on the Juno just seems to import the performance title, nothing else. I have also tried loading back up data from my USB but that presents the same problem.

The manual was no help and can't find any tutorials on Youtube in English - any one able to shed any light?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry man. I've never used it with mine. I'm on Linux and it's a huge PITA to boot up and configure a virtual machine with Win 10 running on it.

I may install it this weekend and take a lookie loo at it but in the meantime, modern software designers all seem to be in love with tablet and phone interfaces, so I'd suggest experimenting with right clicks and double taps on any ghostly icons or text that might appear, like the three vertical dots or bars that seems to be on every home screen these days.

That would be my first suggestion. Just keep hammering away at it until it works or the internet tells you otherwise and gives you a reason why not. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sorry man. I've never used it with mine. I'm on Linux and it's a huge PITA to boot up and configure a virtual machine with Win 10 running on it.

I may install it this weekend and take a lookie loo at it but in the meantime, modern software designers all seem to be in love with tablet and phone interfaces, so I'd suggest experimenting with right clicks and double taps on any ghostly icons or text that might appear, like the three vertical dots or bars that seems to be on every home screen these days.

That would be my first suggestion. Just keep hammering away at it until it works or the internet tells you otherwise and gives you a reason why not. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score

Gary ;)
Cheers Gary

Will take another look. I’m still learning and preparing for my first gig on keys so it’s likely I’m just not doing something right. I was really surprised there was no tutorial for it, Roland released loads of tutorial videos for the DS yet managed to miss this out - never mind

Ask a Question