Too old to be lugging a Studiologic SL880...

Reaction score
Seriously - I used to schlep my SL880 to gigs, but just don't have the energy to do so anymore. Was out of the biz for a while and am now back in. I also had a Korg DW8000 which complimented the 880.

So - I'm spoiled by the weighted action, don't need a billion bells & whistles; use mostly piano & strings. I'd like to stay under $1K. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I think I've narrowed it down to either the Kurzweil SP47 (24#, 76 keys), or the Yamaha CP33 (88 keys, but 40#).

Can anyone give me feedback on either of these? Thanks!

Reaction score
Update: I received my Kurzweil SP4-7 and have been spending a lot of time on it. I'm very happy with the selection and quality of sounds. The weight is perfect. I *am* missing that extra octave but and getting used to it and didn't want to pay an extra 500 bucks for an octave.

My main criticism is that the touch leaves something to be desired. I know that there is a sacrifice at that weight, however, I was in a local Guitar Center and played on a $500 casio Privia series that had a more realistic feel.

However, I wanted to stay under $1k (which I was able to with zzounds matching a package deal from another site, and enabled me to split the payments) and I actually stayed in budget for a change. It's growing on my quickly, will get the job done easily, and all in all, I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

Ask a Question