Total N00b needs Arranger or Synth

Reaction score
Ok, here it goes: I play piano for 7 years now, and I want to buy arranger or synth.Problem is : I have only 1000 euros (about 1500 dollars). Could you help me with my choice. I have no expirience with this stuff. I would like to compose and play some rock and metal songs on it. Maybe i will form a band with my friends who play guitar and drums. Could you tell me, can I play midis and drums on a synth? And, do you know what would do that purpose for some time ( I wouldn't like to have to buy new keyboard after 3 months)? :eek:

Reaction score
OK. If you plan on playing in a band you do NOT want an arranger. Arrangers have styles and are made to accompany you while playing alone.

What you need is a workstation... and for that kind of money you can get a great one.

For 1000€ you can get a used TRITON or if you want something new try getting yourself a KORG TR (and you'll even have some money left).

Believe me... you'll be amazed what can you achieve on a workstation :)

Reaction score
I watched many videos and TR sounds amazing !
Just one question (don't laugh, I'm a noob :) ). Can I change all tones to be octave higher or deeper (I would buy 61 version and I need to play some songs on the last octave) ?

Reaction score
I watched many videos and TR sounds amazing !
Just one question (don't laugh, I'm a noob :) ). Can I change all tones to be octave higher or deeper (I would buy 61 version and I need to play some songs on the last octave) ?

Sure you can :) (although when in combi mode you'll do that by transposing program pitch by -12/+12 or -24/+24)

Reaction score
Cool, i'm going this weekend to try it in the store and, I'm probably buying 76 version because of the price (950e - 61, 1050e - 76, 1350e - 88)!

Ask a Question