Touch dynamic lost

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm having an issue with my PX350M. One of the keys has lost the sensitivity and independently from how hard I press it, it always plays the loudest.
I tried resetting the keyboard but nothing has improved.

is there anything I can do before sending it to repair?

thanks,
Unlocated.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is screwdriver work. Unless you are comfortable disassembling the keybed and cleaning the contacts yourself it will cost you between $150 and $250 to repair.

It doesn't need any parts but the key contacts have to be disassembled and cleaned.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I did see the tutorial and I don't think I have much confidence I can pull this out without making more damage..

I've seen Casio does a Servicing of the keyboards - but they don't say what that's about. Would you know if they'd be fixing this issue and any other issue that might come up in the future?
Might be more value for money if they can look at the keyboard and fix those small issues which might come up later on.

Thank you very much,
Unlocated

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by Casio does a Servicing, but I can tell you they don't do a factory recondition.

Shipping to a Casio Service centre means they will open the keyboard up and address the existing problem, fix it, and charge you accordingly.

Virtually any good music store will employ a tech who can do the same job as well.

Nobody has a crystal ball that will tell them what's going to fail.

You fix the problems on a case by case basis as they happen.

One thing they would all do is clean out the insides if there is a lot of crud accumulated.

Cat hair especially is a problem for keyboards.

If you don't own a good dustcover for your board it would be a good idea to get one after the repair and cleaning.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question