Track selection via midi with Cubase 5?

Reaction score
Hi all, maybe you've heard talk about what i'm going to say but i'd like to find some answer for that. I'm trying to use Cubase 5 as platform for my VSTI's. I've got an small midi keyboard controller and i use to create a few instrument tracks to load the VST's on them. My target is to be able to select different instrument tracks (or midi tracks) through the midi buttons on my keyboard, so i could change from one instrument to another just clicking a button. With another DAWs such as Sonar that's quite easy, but i don't know if that's possible with Cubase 5. If anyone here could help me with this matter and tell me the steps i should follow to get it, it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Pd Another software to do that would be useful as well.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't have Cubase, but one place you could start is with Cubase's Remote_Control_Devices.pdf document. It might not have your device in it, but it may give you an idea of which menu options to try.

Reaction score
Ok, i've been foolin' around that document, and i've came to conclusion it's gonna be better to use a VST host, dedicated exclusively to do what i want. Thanks for all.

Ask a Question