Trance/Electronica

Reaction score
Lets break this section in.

I used to hate trance music and other electronica because it can be ridiculously repetitive. As a listener of mostly progressive rock and metal, it took me awhile to appreciate this category of music. But here's what ive found. By having a constant 4:4 time, this music seriously does get you in a trance. Although the time is usually the same, other aspects of the music make it interesting. There are usually crazy electronic sounds, scratching, subtle beat changes, etc. It can also be very powerful and energetic. My favorite types of electronic music are:
Psytrance- crazy sounds and such, really dreamy
Hard style- super hard 4:4 beats, with a lot of energy and compressed bass

A few artists that kick ass are:
Donkey Rollers
Deepack
DJ Pila
Visual contact
Tickets (this is some insane psytrance)

Heres an example of the raw power of some electronica (I guess, gets me pumped up anyways):

Please add to this, because I didn't write that much and I gotta go to bed. peace.

Reaction score
Lets break this section in.

I used to hate trance music and other electronica because it can be ridiculously repetitive. As a listener of mostly progressive rock and metal, it took me awhile to appreciate this category of music. But here's what ive found. By having a constant 4:4 time, this music seriously does get you in a trance.

Yeah!
Trance isn't really 'listening' music so much as 'dancing' music. It's best in the dark with lots of crazy lights & room to dance... even if it's just in your own room. (I have a bunch of cheap disco lites and in the winter I like to get them blazing and kick up the trance music. It's great for the winter blahs, good exercise and cheaper than a gym.)

A lot of trance music has become full of cliches and 'same old same old'. I like the genre called 'melodic trance' that has more actual music in it. I really don't care for the 'drum & bass' genre.

I would like to learn how this music is created. That video puzzled me... the guys are performing on a stage, but there is a turntable...??? what gives with that.

Reaction score
I enjoy certain bands...not necessarily all (or even most) of the genre though.

One band I'm particularly into right now is Daft Punk. Some of their songs from the Discovery album are repetitive with very little variation, but I can totally listen to it over and over again and it just fades into the background for me. (Example songs: High Life, Crescendolls, Veridis Quo)

-Bryan

Ask a Question