Transferring analog signal from Korg M1 to laptop through Presonus Audiobox

Reaction score
I have been playing out with tracks for 20 years. My equipment has become obsolete so I want to convert to laptop. I've been using a pair of Roland MC-50 sequencers through a rack mounted Korg M1R to make and play back the tracks.
I bought a Presonus Audiobox 22VSL to transfer my tracks to a Dell PC laptop for playback.
I have been able to transfer a song to my computer using the Studio One software, but now I can't figure out how to play this song from the laptop. It's in my files but will only display the Studio One screen when I click on it. There is nothing on the Studio One screen to indicate a playback function and the song file will not show up in iTunes or Windows players if I click on it in the laptop.
I would ultimately like to have this file in iTunes for playback.
Can anybody talk me through this procedure? The sales people at Guitar Center tell me that once I get this down, it will be easier to transfer all my tracks this way then to burn them to CDs and download the CDs into the laptop.

Reaction score
This is probably too broad a situation to be able to give a good answer. I'd suggest reading the Q&A for Studio One and see if there is a section for "Quick Start". That should tell you the specific steps needed to record the track. Also read up on "Saving Files" (or saving a track), and the file types that it will allow you to save. Pay close attention to steps necessary to globally set-up Studio One, and check all of those parameters to be sure it is set-up correctly.

I am guessing that there is a problem with the files you are seeing, and they may not actually contain the audio data which you are expecting. You should be able to open them in the original DAW software, and also play them back, so something really sounds amiss. Don

Reaction score
Well, let me back up and ask a question, and offer insight:
Studio One is a software digital audio recording workstation program (DAW)
You indicate that you "transferred" the file to your computer. It was my presumption that you mean you recorded audio from the play back from midi tracks into your computer using Studio One, then saved the recordings on your computer as audio files. IF this is correct, then you need to check your installation set-up for Studio One and be sure everything is correctly configured for audio recording and playback. Don

Ask a Question