transfert error Yamaha dgx-660

Reaction score
This the first time i use this fonction on this piano DGX-660 Yamaha.
When i transfert "usersong" to "useraudio" on USB, all stop after 30 sec. The same problem when i recod audio directly on USB, all stop after 30 sec.

some body can help me?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have seen posts from other people who had a similar problem, but I don't remember which forum(s) or what the resolution was. I'll see if I can find those posts.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if it might be a problem with the USB flash drive. How much free space is there on the USB drive? Also, what is the brand and model ID of the flash drive? Yamaha has a list of USB flash drives which are known to be compatible with the DGX-660 on their website. Drives which aren't on that list may or may not be 100% compatible with the DGX-660. Also, it's best to format the USB flash drive on the keyboard itself. Finally, USB flash drives can go bad just as other types of drives can. I'd recommend trying a different drive-- one that's known to be compatible with the DGX-660 if possible, and which is empty and was formatted on the DGX-660-- to see if it makes a difference.

Reaction score
Thank you for your this reply. I format 2 diffèrent USB 8Go, ritgh on the piano. Also two other format on my pc. Also, one from the dealer.
Do you have the exact address of Yamaha site where i can find this list of USB drive because i do not find it on there site.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Yes, it's the following document:

On Yamaha's USA site you can find it by going to the DGX-660 product page and clicking on the Downloads link or "tab." Then it's at the bottom of all the other listed downloads, just below the listing for the Song Book:

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I found a post on another forum which mentions a similar issue. A second poster replied in that thread that he'd experienced the same issue and had discovered that formatting the USB flash drive as a FAT32 drive worked, but the original poster never responded as to whether that fixed the issue for him. The second poster mentioned that you should format the USB drive on your computer using the slow, complete format rather than the quick format. He also mentioned using a 4GB drive and 8GB drive, although he thought that the 8GB drive probably ended up being formatted as 4GB.

If formatting one of your drives as a FAT32 drives resolves your issue, please post the outcome so others who run into the same problem will know that it worked for you.

Reaction score
Dear Guy SeaGtGruff,
"I think i am walking on the eggs". Because i format in FAT32 (long proceed) on my PC, two USB drive one of 8Go an other 16Go.
I try the 8Go first an the stop again after 30 sec. I try the 16Go et they stop to à 30 sec.
I try an other time the 16Go and !!!! It work when i transfers the usersong to useraudio on USB drive. So i try to record directly an audio on USB drive and it work OK to, i will record 4min 15 sec without stop, FIOU!

When i have more the time, i will try many other tests with the 16Go et somethings with the 8Go.

Thank you very much to help me in this curious case, because i have the piano about 2 years ago (guarantee is out) and this the first time i use it in record mode on the USB drive.

I give you later some news about the futur tests.
Thanks again and have a good day!
Serge

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Yes, it's funny how some flash drives work but others don't. I think the data speeds might be one factor-- or rather the USB version, USB 2 versus USB 3. But the type of file system is definitely another factor.

Anyway, I'm glad you found one that worked! :)

Ask a Question