Transitioning between Electro 2 and 3

Reaction score
The coveted upgrade has been made! The 2 has been sold, and is in the mail to the lucky eBayer, and the 3 sits before me in all its red, shiny LED drawbar-y glory.

Anyone else made this upgrade? What was better and what was tough about it, especially live? I have already discovered that switching between modes mid-song will be much more of a bitch live. The 2 had eight buttons to switch between 48 presets. The 3 must have two hundred presets, and more adjustable/loadable from the site, but only two buttons to switch between them, unless I'm reading this wrong.

I use two keyboards in one of my bands, and in that band I'm intending to use my Kurzweil SP88 as the MIDI brain for the operation. It has sixteen channels and eight switches. But switching will be a problem in the other band where we only need the Electro.

Not a fan of the changed interface for clav pickups. Counterintuitive compared to the Electro 2's two-knobs, at least so far.

So far I definitely like the grand pianos a lot better, although I've heard that the Yamaha patch on Nord's site is better than the pre-loaded ones. Gotta love the Mellotron, of course, and the Rhodes are a massive improvement. More yearly models? Not sure why, but they just sound better.

Loving the Farf. I will have to get a rotor pedal and cover some old Costello songs.

Who else made this switch? How did it work for you?

Ask a Question