Transpose ?

Reaction score
I have a Roland 730VR and when I transpose the program I'm on it goes back to 440 if I change patches.
Is there a way to transpose the Keyboard so all programs stay transposed.
I need to transpose the Keyboard not simply a patch.

All of my previous keyboards had a transpose that kept the whole keyboard transposed
Anyone no the answer to This please let me know

Thanks, Stan

Anyone know an

Reaction score
I don’t know the answer, but is there a workaround?

For example, it seems unlikely you’d need to transpose EVERY patch on the keyboard simultaneously. Maybe if it’s only two or three for a particular song you can change the pitch individually using an editor (not the transpose button) and save the patches?

If not, is learning the songs in a different key out of the question?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
After looking over the documentation, I don't think it's possible to do what you want, because the Transpose setting gets saved in a Registration, therefore each Registration can have its own Transpose setting.

Consequently, the only way to change the Transpose setting and have it remain at that setting when you recall a Registration would be to have that same Transpose setting saved in the Registration.

I don't know if there are any third-party utility programs for editing saved VR-730 Registration Sets-- it seems that Roland doesn't have one of their own-- but if you can find such a third-party utility then it might allow you to pick a Transpose setting and apply it to all of the Registrations within a saved Registration Set. Then you could load that Registration Set back into the VR-730 and all of the Registrations would have the same Transpose setting.

Of course, you would need to repeat the process each time you wanted to use some other Transpose setting.

The other alternative is to edit and resave each Registration that you want to have a given Transpose setting:

- Choose the desired Bank.
- Load Registration 1.
- Set the Transpose as desired.
- Resave Registration 1.
- Repeat as desired with the other Registrations in that Bank.
- Repeat as desired for other Banks.

Ask a Question