Triton Leslie

Reaction score
I have a Triton Rack that I'm controlling with an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88.

In Program mode my organs have good leslie effect, but when I move them to combination mode (where I spend most of my time) I lose all leslie control.

Any thoughts on how I can use Leslie in Combination mode?

Reaction score
As with all Korg keyboards - when you switch to combi mode, you need to set up the effects all over again.

You can do it either by selecting "Copy from program", and then checking all the
IFX/MFX boxes so the keyboard does it all for you - or you can do it manually
by editing each efect on your own.

What you have to keep in mind is the fact that in program mode, ONE sound can
have up to 5 IFX effects on it's own, while in combi mode those 5 effects are
divided between 8 sounds.

You can choose not to route a specific part of a combi through an effect though.

So keep track of which sounds and which effects are used.

For example - if you're trying to create a piano/string combi... copy all effects
from the piano sound - add strings without the preset effects (because at this
point it will overwritte the piano effects already copied).

Then route the strings through some reverb which the piano has.

Having hammond combis may get a bit tricky though since it most certain uses
a leslie effect, choruses, maybe pans, and surely amp simulations.

If you're mixing the hammond sound with some other - you will most likely be
doing it with a sound that doesn't use those effects. In that case you will have to
compromise by either not having the effects on the rest of the sounds,
or giving some general MFX that won't affect your hammond that much.

Good luck :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. But I don't think I'm following you correctly. I can't find the "Copy from Program" option, anywhere.

When I build a combi, I go to a blank combi, click on the "prog" tab, select the channel(?) that i want to put the program into, and the put the bank and program number in. The default is always I-A000, Noisy Stabber.

Oddly enough, if I leave it at Noisy Stabber, and push my modulation wheel up (which is on cc 01) I get osculations. I also retain the modulations when I put a piano in there. But I totally lose them when I put in an organ.

I've tried manually before, but I've only been able to imulate a Leslie by putting in a tremolo, but I couldn't quite figure out how to put the speed control on. So it was either on, or off.

I think I'm approaching this the wrong way. How should I be doing this?

Reaction score
You probably get the oscillations because their connected to the LFO, which follows the program.

However, the organ is controlled by the Rotary Speaker, which is an Insert Effect, that doesn't follow unless you copy it.

You should be able to find "copy from program" on the small arrow in your upper right corner in the Combi mainscreen.

Ask a Question