Trouble With Ensoniq TS12 Sustain

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to get the sustain to work again on TS12. I bought a new pedal. Made sure the settings were right, but still won't work. :( Its getting pretty old. I think maybe 12 years old. But I really like it. I also have a Motif 6. Thanks for any help,..you can offer.

Reaction score
Do you have aptitude with electronics? It could be that the polarity of the pedal's wiring is not correct for your application. Imagine putting batteries in backward in a CD player...the player won't work. It is possible that the polarity of the wiring in the pedal is "opposite" from what you need.

Can you fix this? Yes, you can. Info on HOW to deal with this IS available online.
Some tech support is available at sites like http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/
and
http://www.pic101.com/ensoniq/
Use of these sites and their info is FREE. I am not affiliated with them, but I have used them for tech support for my aging Ensoniq ESQ-1 workstation. Ensoniq, Emu, and Creative Technologies do NOT offer ANY support for Ensoniq equipment anymore. ALL support comes from other users (like the guys who put up those websites).

Good luck.

Reaction score
why not miidi

I would assume your pedal works on your other keyboard, why not control the problem keyboard via midi. out from the working board.

Reaction score
this may be a dumb question, but do you have the switch on the sustain pedal set properly, all of my sustain pedals have a two position switch...does yours? Good luck, the old Ensoniq's are good keyboards.

Reaction score
Esq 1

I have used them for tech support for my aging Ensoniq ESQ-1 workstation.

I was surfing around & see that you have an ESQ-1. I have one of those sitting around gathering dust. It worked until a few months ago when some of the sounds stopped working, and then all of them stopped.

So I had to shop for a new keyboard. But I'd hate to toss this thing in the landfill. In fact I think it has some pretty cool effect filters. Is there any hope for an old unit like this?

Ask a Question