Trying to fill a bucket list item...

Reaction score
Yup, I'm an old fart who over the years always wanted to play a keyboard. Since a little kid I've always played by ear on parent's organ and accordian.

The years have gone by and obligations and time was never a friend of me getting the learning quest done. Went through a few weighted keyboards over the last year and my fingers couldn't handle the keys so I finally decided the Yamaha psr S670 was going to be "the one" .....

Twe weeks so far just getting into the computer like instructions, etc. I like it so far so I just need a plan to learn without taking lessons or learning to read music. If I can learn some chords, scales, etc and play a few tunes, I'll be happy...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy... Welcome to the forum.

A lot of us are old farts reliving our rock star dreams in our second childhood here.

Your goals are admirable and realistic, but you will at least have to learn how to sight read music a bit if you want to get past the roadblocks you will encounter along the way.

Anyway, have fun and feel free to ask questions. We are a community here that's always willing to help.

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I'd actually recommend learning to read music and taking lessons. Most piano teachers would be thrilled to have an adult student, especially if they share some of the same musical history.

There are plenty of good sources out there on learning music theory, most of them free. A bunch are listed here: https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/good-tutorial-links.24556/

Ask a Question