Trying to find the right setup

Reaction score
First, a bit of an introduction. My first post here, I have read around and tried to find the answers rather than having to ask. But I am getting more confused, so hopefully you fine people can point me in the right direction.

I am asking for my son who is blind but a rather amazing musician. He saved up to buy a casio cpd200 keyboard and has already learned to use the teaching program to help him learn. But being a techno-geek and persistent, he is asking me to help him with his setup.

We have recorded from his kb using the 1/4 " headphone jack, plugged into an http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MFBVGI/ref=oss_product IKEY USB soundcard which plugs into the mic port in a laptop. We have used Audacity and now use AVS Audio Recorder with more success. So he can save multitrack songs to the memory bank on the kb and then record it to my laptop. That works okay.

But he wants to be able to load other songs onto the kb so he can use the teaching program with the songs he is learning. One he is learning right now is on the kb and he has made amazing progress learning it (Duex Arabesque I think).

So how can we interface with the kb and load songs to it?

And as a side note, I am rather musically illiterate but am very skilled on the computer.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question