Turn off CASIO HT-700 Power-save function

Reaction score
Hi
I'd like to turn off the automatic shutdown on my CASIO HT-700.
I use it only as an external instrument via MIDI. Its rigged up pretty far from my keyboard station (and computer) so when it turns itself off after only a few minutes its really frustrating to have to go back and forth.
I havent found an option to turn it off in the manual but I am fully prepared to go into it and solder if that is possible.
Can anyone help me?

Manual can be found here:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
They don't mention it in the manual you linked but on older Casios you usually could turn off the auto shutoff by holding the TONE button down while powering up.

There are no solder solutions for this since the timing is built into the operating system.

Let me know if my suggestion works for you.

Gary ;)
\

Reaction score
They don't mention it in the manual you linked but on older Casios you usually could turn off the auto shutoff by holding the TONE button down while powering up.

There are no solder solutions for this since the timing is built into the operating system.

Let me know if my suggestion works for you.

Gary ;)
\
Thanks Gary,
I tried that (With the Tone-button to the left) but it didnt work. If it did I'd be grateful, but preferably I'd like to turn it off permanently.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is very peculiar. On page 49 of the manual they mention "auto power off function @ 6 mins," but nowhere in the manual do they mention how to disable it.

If the Holding TONE while pressing the POWER Button trick didn't work I'd suggest you ask over at https://casiomusicforums.com where company reps admin the board.

If anyone could tell you how to do it they could.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
This is very peculiar. On page 49 of the manual they mention "auto power off function @ 6 mins," but nowhere in the manual do they mention how to disable it.

If the Holding TONE while pressing the POWER Button trick didn't work I'd suggest you ask over at https://casiomusicforums.com where company reps admin the board.

If anyone could tell you how to do it they could.

Gary ;)
Thanks so much, I'll do that :)

Ask a Question