Tutorial advice request . .

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good tutorial on the web of which could help me understand a lot of the functions on my yamaha psr s650.

For instance, i have no idea what to do with the registration memory buttons. I believe you can store particular voices into a song like a trumpet to over ride the default voice which might be flute. How do you do this and how can i get the keyboard to remember it for next time i play the same tune.

The manual doesn't explain things in detail. It is too concise. I need in depth instructions.

So i have only just upgraded from a psr 295 which was very basic. I can now play my music with intense feeling with the psr s650. This machine has enormous scope for me and i need to learn all of its ability. I want to learn about recording and playback and hooking up to a pc and more.

You guys are an inspiration and mentors to me. Already helped me out with other queries in such a short time. Many thanks.

Sorry.. i am waffling on a bit. I got off the subject. Anyway your advice to link me to a tutorial website would be much appreciated.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The "PSR Tutorial" web site (http://psrtutorial.com/index.html) has some lessons on how to use various functions on the PSR, PSR-S, and Tyros keyboards. I haven't gone through any of them myself, but I believe some of them are video tutorials.

EDIT: I might add that the "Utilities" area of that site has several useful utility programs, including one for managing Registration files from several models. I don't know if the PSR-S650 is one of the models covered by that utility.

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks again for all of your help providing me with that link. It looks like a very complex site. I will go through it systematically and find the relevant sections that should keep me busy. Such a lot to learn. I appreciate your efforts seagtgruff. Cheers:)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You're welcome! I haven't gone through all those tutorials myself, since most of them don't apply to the PSR-E443, but there are some good ones there. I may have to go through those lessons on chords. ;)

Ask a Question