Two MIDI keyboards, each detuned a half step. The slave does not hold the tuning thru MIDI.

Reaction score
Two MIDI keyboards, each detuned a half step. The slave does not hold the tuning thru MIDI.
My group detunes everything a half step.
I detuned all my 3 keyboards and everything ok, except when I MIDI the Yamaha ES to the Korg X-50, the korg being the slave, it loses the tuning only thru MIDI.
The Korg X-50 stand alone still retains the detune. Does anyone have a idea how to remedy this?

Thanks
Adagio88

Reaction score
By Yamaha ES, do you mean the Motif ES?

By "losing the tuning," do you mean that the Korg sounds are not transposed to the new tuning if you play those sounds from the Yamaha's keys? (But the Yamaha's own sounds are properly transposed when played from the Yamaha's keys, and the Korg's own sounds are properly transposed when played from the Korg's keys?)

Reaction score
Yes Yamaha Motif ES.
Yes exactly as you stated, played from the Motif the Korg midi sounds are not transposed.

Reaction score
Ah I never tried not doing transposing on the Korg. Maybe the Motif would have taken care of it?
It’s going to be some time before I can tinker with it. The board
Yes Yamaha Motif ES.
Yes exactly as you stated, played from the Motif the Korg midi sounds are not transposed.

is buried in storage.

Reaction score
Yes Yamaha Motif ES.

Two things to check:

On the Yamaha, note that there are multiple ways to change tuning. Make sure you are using a transpose function (which affects internal sounds as well as external sounds over MIDI), and not one of the methods that affects internal sounds only. Described at https://faq.yamaha.com/usa/s/article/U0002193

On the Korg, check the "PostMIDI" parameter, shown here (from the Parameter Guide):

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 12.21.40 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I think I was changing the Motif globally. But I did not realize there were so many options for transposing. I reviewed the documentation you gave me for the Motif and Korg. It will be some time before I can get to the boards, but I will let you know what happens.
Grazie milli

Ask a Question