Two questions about Roland Fantom X

Reaction score
#1. I've recorded a song on a Fantom X6 and I want to play it live and send the click/metronome output to the drummer. Is it possible?

#2. Can the Fantom X only have 1 song loaded at a time?
If yes, I need to jump ship to a better workstation. Are there any Roland synths that will allow a sdet list worth of songs loaded?
I have a Yamaha Motif 6 and although it's quite dated, you can still have 16 songs loaded at the same time.

Reaction score
#1 - No. The metronome only sounds when using the step sequencer. You can play your sequenced song with the metronome running, but that wouldn't sound great live. In a studio you can load your sequenced song - go to track 10 (rhythm) and lower the volume of the drums to zero - start the step sequencer - connect headphones to the jack in the back for the drummer.
#2 - Yes. Why would you want more than one song loaded at one time? I've used a Motif also and never loaded more than one song. The Fantom X6 has a 16 track step sequencer. You can record MORE than one track at a time (if this is what you mean?). I used to have the list of sequenced songs (about 50) that I used live with the X6 and would scroll each one to play. Nowadays, many of the new synths have the USB drive connection for your flash drive list of songs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question