Typhone or Minilogue XD........ or Iridium?

Reaction score
Hum - one space left on the new shelf, not sure which way to go.

Typhon has those lovely Dreadbox Filter and LFOs. it has that quirky control interface - both limited but cleaver. Its a mono obviously. Its Modulation possibilities are pretty large.

Minilogue is full on twin analogue Osc, and much more hands on. It also has that 3rd "digital" osc with all the 3rd party options. The sequencer would be easier to program and it has modulation lanes. but - its only one LFO, no Mod filter and the env filter is only att/decay.

Both have FX, both have patch saving function, both are full VCO analogue. Those 3 function are what I want I think. The only other alternative would be Iridium. A completely different beast, in a completely different price range. If i went this way, Id most likely replace my Virus once Id dot my hear round it - and programmed all the patches I need currently used with Virus, then Id be back to the same Question lol.

Im after adding something that I cant already do - hence VCO. I dont have a mono either, which is why Im not THAT concerned about the Typhoon here.

Currently using the Virus Ti2, Peak and Deep mind - controlled by a Fantom 7. So I have 2 VAs (that work in different ways) a hybrid and a DCO analogue. both monologue and Typhon bring VCO. Iridium would add a lot really - not least FM, but its a learning curve and would cover so much on its VA side Virus does, that would become redundant I think. Its just facing the "re-programming" of patches I use live that I wouldnt look forward to.

So - enough of the waffle. Is it better to just jump into iridium while I still have virus - do that programming in slow time? then move virus on when its done? or be content with that live setup and add the VCO thing. If I go VCO - which has the nicer, more vintage sound. That's really what Im after rather than pure functionality I guess as I have a lot already covered.

Reaction score
No space for them all. I have space for one more unit - unless its very small. the monologue would mean an overhand as its 500mm but I could live with the 20mm either side. 460mm is the max width really.

Im actually still considering a TR8s as ell - despite now having a pyramid for sequencing (and I can sequence drum sounds from my fantom with it - its not quite as real time as the TR8s), but the missing VCO synth is niggling.........

Reaction score
Just built one...... Ive added the Pyramid and Deep mind already.

Attachments

• Keys Rig.jpg
    Keys Rig.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 74

Ask a Question