Tyros 4 - 110V to 220V

Reaction score
I bought my Tyros 4 in the US while I was on holiday but live in the UK. The input voltage on the keyboard is marked as 110V but in the UK we have 220V. I currently use a large power converter but I was wondering whether it is possible to change the internal power supply from 110V to 220V, thus getting rid of the need for the large power adaptor. Any ideas/suggestions would be gratefully received.

Reaction score
check this site: link

look for output of: 12V, 1.5 amp center positive plug
look for input: 110-240V

This way you could use the plug practically anywhere.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not understanding the design and the implications will make it difficult to suggest. Your best answer should be taken from with either a qualified tech or the manufacturer. The last thing you want to do is have a flunky like me suggesting that it is OK and then fry the board.

Reaction score

Not for the DIY squeemish.

I suggest you contact a UK based Tech and have a chat with them, looking on a USA parts website sort of shows multiple components/boards in the Tyros so you may have to swap out more than you think OR it may be the case of opening up the keyboard and changing some DIP switches. The Tech will know one way or the other.

Ask a Question