Tyros 5 faults

Reaction score
I changed from a piano because of lack of space and a little loss of mobility in my fingers,I have
a S950 and a S900 they are not linked together so I can use the sounds in anyway I want.
I decided to go for the tyros 5 ( 76 key ) as I thought I could just fit it into the space available, a
trip to my local store soon put a stop to all my plans. I think it's time Yamaha took on some new
designers, The keyboard is 53 inches long, that's as big as some piano's and the space wasted
just to make it look more impressive is stupid.( my opinion ) no way could I fit it in. I must admit
the sounds are superb but the Key Action sounds like a bag of bones rattling and clunking, the
Key Action on the S950 is like a Rolls Royce compared to the Tyros. So it's far to long and clumsy
the key action is just terrible for a top of the range keyboard, and to crown it all the headphone
socket and On /Off switch has been stuck on the back. Great when it's on a wall in a tight space.
Lets Hope the Tyros 6 is a better machine.
Regards Derrick

Ask a Question