Tyros speaker query

Reaction score
Probably quite a basic question, but if anyone can enlighten me, I'd be grateful.

I own a Tyros 1 arranger keyboard which I use for home playing only. On Friday I brought it out into our front garden to play some wartime numbers for the VE day celebrations in our street, observing strict lockdown criteria.

Two issues arose, that I need to solve. The first was that because of bright sunlight, I couldn't see some of the lcd lights on buttons, or the 7" main screen even with the contrast wheel at its best setting, and it was difficult to see what was and wasn't lit.. but I'm making a lightweight cover to solve that. So that's no big deal.

The other, however, was speakers. I have the proper Yamaha sub bass and 2 satellite speaker setup, but even up high, it wasn't that loud, so I definitely need more oomph in that department

Does anybody know if (say) a pair of decent hifi/ audio speakers would plug straight into the 6mm audio jacks for the satellite speaker inputs, to give me more volume, or do I need some kind of amplification set up?

I don't want to spend too much doing this, as it may well be only a once in a blue moon occurrence, but any info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Set up a gazebo, £50 should get you a cheap one for occasional use. It will provide shade.

The MS01 speakers are 20W each plus 40W for the Sub.

A pair of PreSonus Eris 5 speakers will give you 80W from each speaker for about £250.

Or a pair of Behringer Eurolive B208D at 200W each will give you plenty of power for £300 for the pair.

Reaction score
Thanks for this Biggles!

Ideal, and I will go with your recommendation.
Yes... I have a gazebo ordered, as it occurred to us that a sudden shower of rain could have been interesting electrically...
Big thanks. Perfect.

Den

Reaction score
Hello, Go through the mixing console and adjust the Equaliser and the Compressor. You can blast the sox off things if you set them too high. Regards, Den.

Reaction score
That's a great suggestion, and thanks. I used the Compressor once before with great results, but forgot all about it! Don't know how, as like you say it is pretty awesome!
I haven't bought the other speakers yet, as we are being very careful not to spend money on non essentials in the current uncertain times.

Den

Reaction score
If you are anywhere handy you could "obtain" an older spinet organ and use the speakers from that. I think the MS01 speakers are 6 ohm but the general run of speakers are 4 ohm. Not much difference except in the price. Regards, Den.

Reaction score
If you are anywhere handy you could "obtain" an older spinet organ and use the speakers from that. I think the MS01 speakers are 6 ohm but the general run of speakers are 4 ohm. Not much difference except in the price. Regards, Den.
Thanks Den.

Ask a Question