TYROS2: Problem to DELETE a file on the HDD

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I say hello to the community and hope to have a good time with our music :)

although lots of posts are for this item. The newbie wonder if the deletion of a file is such sophisticated:

This is the method I figured out:

- with SELECT (in HDR) go to the HDR.ROOT
- generate a dummy, say DUMMY01, i. e. record and stop a second later
- start the dummy, i. e. the dummy-file is loaded
- with SELECT navigate to the directory where the file to be deleted is located
- with the DATA-ENTRY-wheel navigate to the file to be deleted, but DON’T START
- enter with the button next to the wheel
- press DELETE.

That’s the way it works.

Anyone here with a less crazy strategy?

Best wishes 44kHz

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, @44kHz!

I think we have a few members who currently own, or used to own, one or more of the TYROS models, so hopefully someone with a lot of TYROS experience will be able to make a suggestion. :)

Den

Reaction score
Hello, Go to your HD, Highlight the file that you do not want and press "Delete" It goes! Easy as. Regards, Den.

Reaction score
I have the Tyros 1 and have had a non connection problem with the host (USB 'B' type) socket for a while. Unfortunately the guy who can fix it for me is not doing home visit instrument repairs during Covid.

So I've had to adapt, and actually find that it's easier to remove the HDD and work with it on the PC.

Removing the HDD is really simple, so don't be worried about it. It only takes about 5 minutes, it's under a cover with 8 screws (see your manual) and with a simple 2.5 IDE TO standard USB connector, which then becomes an external drive (in my case Drive F) you can then view all your files, and sort, add and delete to your hearts content. When you're done, just pop the drive back in, and job done.

I got hold of a further 80GB HDD and so I have a backup disc of the thousands of extra files, styles, registrations, midis, instruments etc just ready to just put in whenever I fancy updating my library. The advantage is that I can update it whenever I'm just using the PC and not the Tyros.

Hope that helps. Tyros arrangers are amazing. Have a lot of fun with yours.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_124339.jpg
    IMG_20200417_124339.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 90

Den

Reaction score
Hello B, I have a Tyros 4 among many others and I just connect my T4 to my computer. Easy to sort things then. Housekeeping helps. :) Den.

Ask a Question