Unable to install yamaha driver

Reaction score
hi
How is every thing?
I have a CLP-220 yamaha and a MIDI cable.
When I try to install the driver from this link it returns me 25001 error. neither my cable nor my piano dose not have any problem( I can play notes on cubase with them). please hep me how to fix it.
(But why I need installing the driver.... it is all because
when I press sustain pedal ,cubase play both E note and sustain pedal.... i just want to fix this! i test another MIDI cable, piano, version of cubase but it didn't fix!
please guide me what to do)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The Yamaha USB-MIDI driver won't work with the CLP-220 unless you're using the Yamaha UX16 USB-MIDI cable, because a device driver can only work with a compatible device and a non-Yamaha USB-MIDI cable won't be compatible with the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver.

You probably don't even need to use a USB-MIDI driver; but if you do, it should be the driver programmed to work with whatever brand of USB-MIDI cable you're using. What brand of USB-MIDI cable are you using?

Note that some USB-MIDI cables can be problematic for one reason or another, so if you're having a MIDI issue that's being caused by a troublesome cable then you might need to get a better USB-MIDI cable. Some people have reported that the iConnectivity mio cable works well with older Yamaha keyboards, but other cables may work just as well.

However, before you go and buy a different USB-MIDI cable I would recommend that you use a MIDI monitor utility to see what the MIDI messages coming from the keyboard and cable look like. If you're using a Windows computer then you should be able to use the MIDI-OX utility program to do this.

Reaction score
my MIDI cable is ICON16CH MIDI II/O. I install MIDI ox but i didn't see any action on software... .
what would you recommend ... buy a Yamaha UX16 USB-MIDI cable or a sound card.
..................................................................................................................................................

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've heard that the Yamaha UX16 has been discontinued and is generally only available secondhand at far more than its original price, so if you think you need a different USB-MIDI cable you might consider the iConnectivity mio. As I said, there should be others that will also work, but I think the mio is one of the least expensive to try.

Ask a Question