Uncle Gary's Keyboard Tip Of The Month...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Did you guys ever get a keyboard with black on black knobs that are totally unreadable in the dark?

If so, here's an easy fix that will solve the problem once and for all.

Sharpie and a few other companies make Paint Pen Markers that actually dispense a glossy enamel paint that comes in every color in the rainbow, even white!!!

If you are going nuts trying to figure out what position your synth knobs are in just put some reference markings on the knobs with a Sharpie Paint Pen.

They're also useful for touching up minor scuffs and scratches without having to buy a whole tin of paint and messing with brushes and thinners.

Here's a few links and a photo demonstrating what I mean.

Minilogue-Controls-20170904T132450-2.jpg

A1FnujF055L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Paint+Pens

A cheap and easy solution and if you need a custom color just be careful and mix a couple of pens with a toothpick on a small piece of cardboard and use the toothpick as a brush.

I did a bit of a sloppy job on the minilogue VCO2 Pitch Knob cause I was rushed but the pic is good enough to give you an idea.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Minilogue was actually the second keyboard I've done this to. The first was my Casio XW-P1 which turned out better because I was more careful the first time. The Casio is now history though inasmuch as I sold it off to pay for the Sledge.

Gary ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhsmith451

Latest Threads