Upgrade DGX-500 to DGX-635? Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I am seriously considering upgrading my DGX-500 to a DGX-635 but I don't know if it would be worth the expense! I would like to have the graded weighted keys and wonder if it's even worth the change. I am an older player and I do not play well...taught myself to play a few years ago but...I do love to relax and play what I can. Does anyone out there know if these keyboards are near identical or have they improved this model some? Yes, my speakers vibrate too at high volume but it's usually not a problem so that apparently isn't any better. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
I think it's not necessary,tones and rhythm is almost Identical,only the keyboard dynamics is different .

Reaction score
should i buy a use DGX 500?

I don't play well, know music, enjoy making songs, and like to real touch and sound of piano. There are several models of Yamaha elect. keyboards on craiglist, and two DGX500. Please give me some pointers, what is the difference between the DGX500s, the PRXs or the YPTs and other pro-models?
Thanks,

Reaction score
I went from a 505 to a 650 - it's better in almost every regard: voices and styles are improved and there are more of them and the keyboard IMHO is much better. The downside is that it's much heavier and there's no battery compartment so you must have AC. They say it's hammer weighted ... well, it's a lot closer than the 505 was.
The good news is that the 505 is still holding its value so I sold mine at a quick sale price and still cut my acquisition cost in half.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
When I open up "keyboardforums.com"
The first thing I do is look at my alerts.
Then I click on "new posts" and "recent posts".
This way I am up to date (not missing anything) hopefully.:eek:
Ray

Ask a Question